Friday, November 30, 2012

Page 55: Jalapeno-Cheddar Corn Bread

We hosted a chili cook-off to watch the Notre Dame vs. USC game on Saturday (go Irish!), and I took the opportunity to pair this last cornbread recipe with a delicious array of chili cooked by me and my friends.

I'm not generally a fan of vegan cheeses, but I bought a block of Daiya Cheddar just for this recipe.  While entirely unimpressive on it's own, it worked well in the finished product.  The cornbread was sweet yet savory and was a perfect pair with the chili.


I also made this cornbread as directed in a loaf pan instead of in mini muffins like the plain version I attempted.  It caved in the middle a bit but was done through and was really moist.  I definitely like it better in this format!

Stay tuned for dessert: Strawberry Shortcake.  One of the last TWO recipes to go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so not a fan of anything that says jalapeno but your description of "sweet yet savory" had me!

    ReplyDelete