Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Page 135: Vanilla Shake

Oops. I really didn't realize this was supposed to be a vanilla shake. I just saw "shake" and that the ingredients contained "one pint vanilla vegan ice cream" and then apparently took some liberties.

Instead of vanilla, I made a chocolate peanut butter shake. However, the last thing I need is an excuse to consume another half-pint of ice cream, so I'm considering this recipe made.

I started with Luna & Larry's dark chocolate ice cream (which is so delicious on it's own by the way) instead of the vanilla.  The rest I did by the book - soy milk, agave nectar, and ice - and then added a heaping spoonful of peanut butter.  Erin McKenna suggests throwing in things like brownies, cookies, and even pie, so I don't think the peanut butter was that far off.  It's really the dark chocolate that made for the biggest deviation.


I know this picture doesn't look all that appealing.  And, honestly, I've made a better vegan shake myself (peanut butter & chocolate chip cookie dough shake anyone?).  But it was ice cream, agave, soy milk, and ice - so of course it was tasty.

Now back to the baking - just FOUR recipes to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment